Adapted from Closet Cooking
Makes 9 servings
- 6 packets Sun Crystals or other artificial sweetener1
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tsp + 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp + 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 15 oz / 420 g / 3 cups strawberries, cleaned, hulled, chopped
- 8 oz / 240 g / 2 cups rhubarb, peeled and sliced into 3/4 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tbsp rye flour2
- 2 tbsp buckwheat flour
- 2/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 oz melted butter
Preheat oven to 350F.
Combine 6 packets of sweetener, cornstarch, 1/2 tsp cinnamon and 1/4 tsp ground cardamom in a medium bowl. Add strawberries and rhubarb, then toss to coat.
Pour the fruit into an 8" square oven-safe casserole dish. In a small bowl, stir together the flours, oats, brown sugar, butter, remaining cinnamon and cardamom. Sprinkle over the fruit evenly.
Bake at 350F for 45 minutes until the top is golden brown and the fruit is bubbly.
- Truvia is another good sweetener. Or, if you prefer, use 1/4 cup of regular sugar.
- If you'd rather not use three different types of flour, you can use all of one or even just all-purpose. Only taste really matters in this application.
A recipe from http://kitchenmouse.rozentali.com/2010/05/strawberry-rhubarb-crumble/
Posted by Cori Rozentāle on .