Adapted from a recipe in Cooking Light
Makes 2 large sandwiches
- 90 g | 3 oz diced, peeled apple
- 45 g | 1.5 oz chopped, toasted walnuts
- 120 g | 4 oz chopped, cooked chicken or turkey1
- 30 g | 1 oz chopped green onion
- 110 g | 4 oz light/low-fat sour cream
- 40 g | 1.5 oz light/low-cal mayonnaise
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika2
- 1/4 tsp cumin3
Combine everything in a medium bowl. Mix well to combine.
Serve on toasted bread, buns or wraps. A bit of rocket/arugula, spinach, mesclun or other spicy salad mix is a good addition.
- This is roughly equivalent to 1 breast of a 3 lb roasted chicken. White or dark meat is good here. You can also reduce the amount of chicken without drastically affecting taste, just add more apple.
- Or regular paprika. I like the flavor of smoked best.
- Try a spice blend like a tandoori mix which uses cumin, ginger, coriander, salt and paprika. If you do, don't add the smoked paprika and use 1/2 tsp of the mix.
A recipe from http://kitchenmouse.rozentali.com/2010/03/chicken-salad/
Posted by Cori Rozentāle on .