We spent a little last night on a late-night run to Walmart to buy some baking powder. I don’t think I’ve ever run out of baking powder before! And since it expires, I probably should have replaced it a while ago.
We’ve Spent: $0.80
Budget Left: $49.20
Yesterday, we also used up the last of our frozen strawberries. Since strawberries are in season, it’s cheaper to get fresh and freeze them instead of buying a bag pre-frozen. Winco has had a good price on large flats of strawberries the last few weeks, so I’ll try to pick some up this week to freeze for later.
- Last night’s dessert: Strawberry-banana smoothies
- Breakfast: English Muffin Bread, fried egg, half an apple and a slice of turkey bacon. Coffee and iced coffee, as usual.
- Lunch: Bratwurst, fried onions and cabbage, homemade hot dog buns, can of cheap pork-n-beans
- Dinner: A random stirfry of things that needed to be used from the crisper drawers, incuding spring onions, zucchini, carrots and cabbage, over jasmine rice. Not bad, not great, but necessary.
I have to say, my husband made his first free-form bread loaf today, along with two hot dog buns, using a recipe from Beard on Bread. They came out deliciously if not photogenically and I think we won’t be buying hot dog buns any more.
- All*You Grocery Challenge
- Grocery Challenge - Day 1
- Grocery Challenge - Day 2
- Grocery Challenge - Day 3
- Grocery Challenge - Days 4 & 5
- Grocery Challenge - End of Week 1
- Grocery Challenge - Week 2 Begins
- Grocery Challenge - End of Week 2
- Grocery Challenge - Week 3 Begins
- Grocery Challenge - Week 3, Days 1 & 2
- Grocery Challenge - Halfway Through and My Thoughts and Tips
- Grocery Challenge - End of Week 3
- Grocery Challenge - End of Week 4