Today we’re busy dyeing Easter eggs with the onion skins we’ve collected all year and small flowers from our yard that survived the snow this week. They may not be the bright jewel-tones of the Paas eggs I grew up with, instead they’re lovely and elegant.
With the rise of allergies and alternative diets, it can be really challenging to find recipes that fit your needs.
Here are some tips to help you with recipes on my site.
* All of my recipes that call for any type of bread cubes or crumbs will work with gluten-free breads.
* Many of my salads call for sour cream and mayo - they originally called for all mayo. You can also use fake sour cream or vegan sour cream.
* Baking recipes that call for butter can use margarine, cooking recipes can use oil.
* Recipes marked with dairy-free, vegan or gluten-free can either have offending ingredients substituted or omitted.
* Usually milk and half-n-half can be substituted with soy, rice, coconut and other nut milks.
I hope this helps!